Saturday, June 16, 2012

Planet Ocean

I don't do a lot of Collages, and this one just sorta happened.  I was actually making a background page for some dolphin photos I took, and it got away from me.  There was no cheating it was all done on my iPad.
   1. Started with an ocean picture I took in Hawaii. Brought it into Photo Wizard and added FX Light Bokeh #3.  Then ran it through the blueish color preset. I opened FX pattern boarder and put on the boarder 2 to get the foaming effect around the edges.
2.  I copied what I did so far on to the Photo Wizard clipboard and opened up my photo of the dolphin.  I took it into the masking section (still in P.W.) and cleaned away all the background and part of the tail, then softened the edges. I saved my cropped dolphin into my photo stream.
3. Then,  I went into crop section>blend (I know that the crop section is a weird place to have the blend effect but that's where it is) and opened the page back from the clipboard, I exchanged the two photos places (it's a tab right on the tool bar) and arranged and sized the dolphin then saved that page onto the clipboard.  (Saving it makes it possible to bring in more dolphins) so still in blend, I brought in another dolphin over and over until I had 5.
4.  I cloned a little foam to cover up the ends. (Clone tool is also in crop tab, all the way at the bottom).
5. I saved it both to my photo stream (just in case) and to the clip board. I then brought in the shells and starfish, masked them out and added them to the collage.
6. There was a little background shadow that looked like a mermaid so I thought why not? I found a mermaid, brought her in and masked her out, added her to the collage (in blend) and faded her out to almost nothing.
7. Saved the page and took it into Photogene.  I added the inner Gloss in very transparent white and added a boarder.
8.  Typed in the quote and my name.  Added the circles.  Actually, did a tiny bit more cloning of sea form around a few bits and pieces.  All done.   Took about two hours, but I hadn't used the masking tool in Photogene before so some of that time was learning. It got easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment