Friday, June 15, 2012

Scrap booking is ART


I will be talking about all the wonderful (and maybe not so wonderful) apps available for iPad/iPhone scrapbooks, collages and photo effects.  I welcome your comments about these apps and recommendations (or warnings) about any others you may have found.

       Montage Magic


     I am going to start my app reviews with Montage Magic as that is what app I used to make my blog header.  This app by Happyadam development is fantastic and at the time of writing this only $0.99. Hard to beat. I love this program. Not only is it easy to use but as far as I've found so far it is the only app that lets you download other fonts off the internet.  I have added about 75 free fonts and dingbats (so fun to use) to the program with no problems. I have even been able to download the paid fonts I bought from Lettering Delights years ago.  The only down side to the font download is you can only use them in this program. The other downside is the limited color choices on fonts and boarders. You only have about 10 colors to choose from (sadly no purple). I'm hoping for an update on that, but until then you can add borders in your photo effects program and import them ready to go.
      The program itself is super easy to use.  You can use a ready made background or import your own photo to use.  You can bring in as may photos as you want.  You can email your page from the app. You can add boarders to the page, pictures or text and you can add shadows to the pictures and fonts.
    A few user tips.
      1) Go to the saved Collages tab (top left) to get and then view all your downloaded fonts.  The font tab at the lower left will bring them up with an optional preview. Swipe to delete.
      2) If you are having trouble moving something on your page, double tap on it to move it back or forward.
     3) Some dingbats show up using little letters and some with capitals (some both) if you get a black box instead of a dingbat, try the other.


No comments:

Post a Comment